People with learning/physical disabilities
We work with people with learning and/or physical disabilities to help them live the life they want. We encourage and support people to build their social networks and work towards personal goals such as learning to read and write or getting a job.
We recognise that people with learning and/or physical disabilities may face barriers that they may need support with to achieve their goals.
We support people to maximise their choice and control over where, with whom and how they live by:
- Working with individuals to identify their strengths, abilities and preferences– involving family members, carers, representatives, advocates and others in their life.
- Helping individuals to set themselves goals and targets as part of their support plan.
- Working with individuals to help them implement their support plan, providing support as necessary.
- Establishing strong working relationships with others involved in supporting the individual.
- Ensuring individuals are provided with accurate and accessible information about their rights, responsibilities and the choices available to them in their preferred format and language.
- Providing practical help such as training and support on how to manage the home, pay bills, home maintenance such as gardening, housework and healthy living.
People with learning disabilities image
We help people to live the life they want and encourage them to work towards their personal goals.