On this page
Apartments available now
Set opposite the picturesque Oakhill Park in East Barnet, Goodwin Court provides apartments and communal facilities for over 55s.
Designed to offer comfort, independence and peace of mind, Goodwin Court has everything you need to enjoy a happy, fulfilling retirement.
- One or two double bedroom apartments for rent with open plan lounge and kitchen
On-site communal facilities, including a lounge, restaurant and gardens
Staff on-site 24 hours a day and assistive technology built-in, for added peace of mind
- Bright and airy communal lounge with comfy seating, a TV and a kitchenette
- Garden room
- Activities room
- Hairdressing and beauty salon
- Buggy store with charge points for mobility scooters
- Guest suite for visiting family and friends
- East Barnet’s ancient Oak Hill Park is directly opposite, with its beautiful nature reserve and bowling green.
- Local shops, banks and restaurants are just a five minute walk away.
- There are several GP surgeries close by and two hospitals with A&E less than 20 minutes away by car.
- Oakleigh Park train station is only a 10 minute walk or scooter ride away, with regular trains to central London.
- There is a bus stop outside the building, and regular buses, Dial-a-Ride and low cost local taxis make journeys easy.
Our Taste restaurant is open to residents and members of the public from 8.30am – 2.45pm seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and snacks. If you live nearby, enjoy a meal out in our restaurant with your family and friends.*
We regularly have special menus to celebrate special occasions throughout the year and our Taste restaurant has a food hygiene rating of 5 from the Food Standards Agency.
*Opening hours and menu availability may be subject to change.
Care and support
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to live at Goodwin Court, you must:
- Be aged 55 or over, or have long-term care needs
- Reside in, or have a family connection to, the local area
- Be referred by London Borough of Barnet Council, after having your care and support needs assessed and approved
We aim to offer a lively atmosphere and mixed community of people who have a range of care needs.
Goodwin Court may not be suitable if you require a substantial amount of regular nursing care.
How do I apply?
- Contact us for an application form, or contact London Borough of Barnet Council’s adult social care team.
- We’ll arrange for you to visit and meet us.
- We’ll help you to complete a housing assessment and affordability form, as you may be eligible for financial assistance towards your rent and part of your service charge.
- While you’re here, we may assess if you would benefit from care and support services, and care provider, Your Choice Barnet, may arrange for you to visit to discuss your needs. For your care to be funded by London Borough of Barnet Council, you must have had your needs assessed and approved by the adult social care team
If you have any questions or would like to know more about Goodwin Court, or to arrange a no-obligation visit, please contact us using the enquiry form below. Alternatively, you can call 020 8447 5300 during office hours.