22nd June 2023
Sanctuary Supported Living
Staff across Sanctuary Supported Living are celebrating after seeing several of their colleagues named as finalists in the new national staff awards – named ‘Sanctuary Stars’.
Staff from the not-for-profit supported housing provider, part of the wider Sanctuary, have been nominated for the new ‘Sanctuary Star’ staff awards by their managers and colleagues. They were each chosen for going above and beyond in working to improve the lives of residents and their communities, as well as living Sanctuary’s values through their work.
The Sanctuary Supported Living ‘Sanctuary Star’ awards finalists are:
- Bright Beginnings award: Samson Bello-Ayeni, Local Service Manager at Sarnes Court (who also supported his colleagues at the recent Housing with Care awards ceremony)
- Collaborative Cross-Team Working award: Sanctuary Supported Living taskforce
- Employee of the Year award: Josh Maddox, Call Handler
- Excelling for Customers award: Pete Butler, Support Assistant at Victoria Road
- Living Sanctuary Values: Chelesa Sajnani, Local Service Manager at High Worple and Rosary Priory
- Team of the Year: Sanctuary Supported Living’s Technology Enabled Living team
The overall winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in Birmingham on Thursday 29 June, with the Sanctuary Supported Living nominees facing stiff competition from other staff and teams from across Sanctuary and Sanctuary Care.
Dave Shaw, Director for Sanctuary Supported Living, said: “With Sanctuary employing around 14,000 members of staff, and these nominees being chosen by members of Sanctuary’s Executive Board, our staff have done an amazing job to get this far. They are great examples of how our teams are supported to be their best every day at work, so that they can support our customers to be their best too.”
To find out more about Sanctuary Supported Living’s services for people with disabilities and mental health needs, or who have experienced homelessness, see our latest news, or search for your nearest service.